Having such great features and brilliant fuel efficiency, Toyota Sienna has been the most popular minivan. Many drivers love the features it has. However, there are some problems that they face, but the most annoying problem that almost all owners are facing is the Toyota Sienna Sliding door. The door usually gets stuck and needs help of a professional mechanic to function smoothly.
Here we have talked about what problems you can face with Toyota’s sliding door and what the method is to replace or repair the door.
Top Reasons Why Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Won’t Open
Sometimes Toyota’s sienna sliding door won’t open from the inside or outside. Here are some common reasons that cause a major problem with your Toyota Sienna sliding door.
- Failure in latch Motor
Most of the time, it is hard to open the door either it makes too much noise or it is not functioning at all. A simple hack to open the door in this situation is holding the latch for a few seconds and then trying to pull the door open.
This Situation happens due to the failure of the latch motor, which is the most common issue with Toyota Sienna. Fortunately, replacing the latch motor is not that expensive.
- Damaged cables
Vehicles with sliding doors face the problem of frayed cables. The frequent sliding of the door can cause the cables to break or be damaged, which eventually causes problems in opening the door. The best course of action in this situation is to replace the cables as soon as possible to avoid further problems.
- Circuit Overload
When your circuit overloads, it can also be the reason you are facing difficulty in opening the Toyota Sienna door. This happens when the sliding door is unable to latch properly due to something blocking the latch. Because of the blockage, the circuit will overload and not let the door close properly.
This is the easiest problem to diagnose. Just check the lower and upper tracks to see if there is something (dust, debris) blocking the door.
If your Car door won’t close after accident then you will have to get in depth details of the problems. It is suggested that yo get it checked by a professional mechanic.
How To Replace Toyota’s Sliding Door?
If you are facing issues, and you have already diagnosed why the Toyota sienna sliding door won’t close or open, then the best method is to replace the part causing problem. You can do it yourself, but we suggest that you get a mechanic as it is a very hectic process.
If you believe you can do it yourself, here is the process to follow.
- Roll down the window of the door that is causing the problem.
- Remove the hex screw that holds the inner door handle.
- Slide the lock tab into the door so that it is in an unlocked position. This process makes sure the door doesn’t fall off when you remove the plastic panel.
- Then proceed to remove the plastic panel carefully. Make sure to pop out the panel without breaking or cracking. Before fully removing the panel, unplug the power window button.
- Remove the window molding by detaching the clip that holds it. You might have to move it back and forth to detach it fully.
- There’s a plastic panel covering the sliding door cable located under the quarter window. Remove it carefully.
- Unbolt the nut that holds the cable in the bracket, and then slowly slide the assembly out of the bracket.
- Remove the 3 bolts that hold the cable assembly in place, which is located exactly at 90 degrees.
- Then remove the two bolts that hold the door to the vehicle.
- Then the screws holding the side door release actuator in place should be removed. This part is situated in the track’s bottom right corner, inside the pulley system.
- Finally, remove the cable assembly and install a new one exactly in which order they were placed before.
The Toyota sienna sliding door cable repair cost is around $1,000 to $1,500 or more. You will need to take your vehicle to a full repair shop for mechanical repairs if you need a Toyota sienna sliding Door Replacement, The parts are exclusively available on OEM where you can get them with a full 1-year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Replace Toyota Sienna Sliding Door
Sometimes you might be unable to open the door, and when you push the latch, the door makes sounds, so in case of emergency, pull and hold the latch for a few seconds. Then try to open the door. It will open.
Replacing any van door can cost you around $1000 to $1500, depending on the type of repair. The cost can vary, and it can also vary depending on the labor cost in your surroundings.
The most common cause your sliding door is stuck it’s because it’s either full of dust and debris or it’s time to change the rollers. Most people face the problem of dust and debris, so make sure to clean your doors regularly not to face this kind of issue.
The beeping sound is a signal that the door is open while you start driving, which is very unsafe. Hence, they have given the beeping feature to secure your drive. In case there is any issue you are facing with your sliding door, make sure to get it checked and replaced if needed.